You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘FEC’ tag.
from The Hill:
The disgraced lawmakers might be gone, but their campaigns live on.
The handful of members of Congress who have resigned amid scandal in recent years have maintained active campaign accounts, federal records show, and they have spent tens of thousands of dollars in political contributions on legal fees, travel, public relations consultants and, in at least one case, the salary of a family member.
Former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) spent more than $130,000 in campaign funds in the three months after he resigned from the House on June 24, according to new filings with the Federal Election Commission. That total was more than what all but three of the 11 sitting members of New York City’s House delegation spent during that time.
Late today, Pennsylvania attorney Philip Berg filed his response to Obama’s Motion to Dismiss.
Here are the highlights:
- Berg states that he has standing because he, and other voters, would suffer informational injury in the voting process.
- Obama and his sister Maya state he was born in Queens Hospital, Honolulu, HI, in an interview in 2004.
- Maya Soetoro-Ng, Obama’s sister, says in an interview in2007 that Obama was born in Kapiolani Hospital in Honolulu, HI.
- Obama’s paternal grandmother in Kenya, as well as half-brother and half-sister, claim that Obama was born in Kenya.
- There is a registration of birth recorded in Kenya, and by Kenyan law, Barack Obama Jr. had citizenship in Kenya.
- The Obama campaign has acknowledged that Obama did in fact, by law, have Kenyan citizenship until his 21st birthday.
- Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen, and relocated to Indonesia.
- Upon his arrival in Indonesia, Obama was enrolled in the public schools, which was only allowed by Indonesian citizens.
Obama and classmates in Indonesian public school
- Verified proof of Obama’s school registration shows Lolo Soetoro as “Barry Soetoro’s father”, place of birth in Hawaii on August 4, 1961, with Islam as his religion.
- Indonesian consitutional law states that Lolo Soetoro’s acknowledgement of Obama as his son, whether he adopted him or not, attached Indonesian citizenship to Obama.
- In 1981, Obama travelled to Pakistan, during a troubled time, and Pakistan was on the US no travel list; further, India and Pakistan were only allowing Muslims to enter at that time. Thus Obama’s travel would have been with the use of his Indonesian passport.
- If Obama was an Indonesian citizen, he could not have retained his American citizenship, because dual citizenship was not acknowledged; further, Obama would have also taken Indonesian citizenship by and through his mother’s marriage to Lolo Soetoro.
- Obama’s half-sister Maya was born in Jakarta, Indonesia, and a registration of her birth is recorded in the Hawaii public records, presumably by their grandmother, Madelyn Dunham. It can also be presumed that Obama’s birth was recorded in the same manner.
- Obama would have had to take an Oath of Allegiance and receive a Certificate of Citizenship to regain his American citizenship, thus making him a naturalized citizen, not a natural born citizen. If his citizenship is deemed to be Indonesian, and he did not take an Oath of Allegiance to regain American citizenship, he would be an illegal alien.
- The FBI does not do background checks on elected officials to give them security clearance.
- The DNC and the FEC have failed to investigate Obama’s background or these claims.
Time is of the essence, and one must figure that the Court will rule in an expeditous manner. Based on the items contained in Mr. Berg’s Memorandum, it would be inconceivable for the Judge to simply dismiss the Complaint, especially since the matter is readily resolved.